Boost Collagen and Improve Scarring with Dermapen™ Skin Needling in the Gold Coast
Pay-Plans Available. Interest FREE Weekly, Fortnightly or Monthly payments!
Structure and Function of the Skin
The skin is one of the largest organs in the body in surface area and weight. It consists of two layers: the epidermis and the dermis. Beneath the dermis lies the hyper-dermis or subcutaneous fatty tissue. The skin has three main functions: protection (barrier against variations in temperature, radiation etc.), regulation (body temperature via sweat and hair etc.) and sensation (receptors for heat, cold, touch etc.). Wounding affects all three of these functions.
Phases of wound healing
1. TheInflammatory Phase (1-5 days) is the body’s natural response to injury. After initial wounding, the blood vessels in the wound bed contract and a clot is formed. Once haemostasis has been achieved, blood vessels then dilate to allow essential cells; antibodies, white blood cells, growth factors, enzymes and nutrients to reach the wounded area.
2. During Proliferation Phase (2-21 days), the wound is ‘rebuilt’ with new granulation tissue which is comprised of collagen and extracellular matrix and into which a new network of blood vessels develop, a process known as 'angiogenesis'.
3. Maturation (3 weeks to 2 years) is the final phase and occurs once the wound has closed. This phase involves re-modelling and realignment of collagen creating a more plump dermis. Scar tissue is flattened, and the epidermal layer becomes more dense.
Dermapen™ Skin Needling
This skin rejuvenation treatment is designed to help support the skin's regeneration of collagen and elastin through a natural healing process.
Ultra-fine, medical-grade stainless steel needles are passed vertically across the skin, creating multiple surface skin channels. This treatment is designed to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while improving texture for a plump and firm effect, giving an overall more youthful and glowing appearance.
This treatment can also support the healing of acne scars and improve the appearance of stretch marks and surgical scars. Book an appointment for Dermapen™ Skin Needling on the Gold Coast today.
- Supports synthesis of collagen and elastin
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Minimises pores, refines surface texture
- Reduces appearance of acne scarring and stretch marks
- Dramatically smooths and retexturises coarse, thickened skin
Pay Plans available